12.29.2008

Seattle, Washington

Next we flew to Seattle, Washington for a week to have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Sean, Shanna and baby Bradley. Kris's sister actually lives in Oak Harbor, WA, which is on Whidbey Island and is about 2 hours away from Seattle. So the first night we got to Seattle we stayed in a beautiful hotel downtown and went to an awesome seafood restaurant so I could get some yummy oysters while they are in season. Oh by the way, Seattle got record snowfalls when we got in and it hardly ever snows there so the roads were very dangerous. I feel like as I have gotten older that Christmas just doesn’t seem like Christmas anymore. I have to admit that the surroundings made it feel like Christmas. The next day we spent the whole day in Seattle walking around downtown. We walked everywhere because for one it is a city and it easier to walk in a city and for two we experienced enough fear the night before in the icy conditions that we felt safer on foot. We went to Pike's and a bunch of fun stores. Seattle is one of the coolest cities I am so thankful that I got to spend Christmas there.



















No comments: